Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

09 October 2007

Our House & Our Rides

Nov 2006 - After only a couple of weeks of living in temporary quarters, we found a 3 bedroom, 1 bath house just about 5 minutes from base, and about 2 minutes from the airport. My favorite feature of the house? Why, the heated toilet seat, of course! (Man the Japanese are smart!) Although, it does have insanely large doors inside, which doesn't really make sense because as a whole, the Japanese are pretty small people ("my people" as I like to call them.) I do miss having a dishwasher though! How do 2 people use a sinkload of dishes in one day?? We also bought 2 vehicles - a 1992 Pajero and a 1993 Escudo. It sounds old, I know. But, the vehicles are both in very good condition for the years. The Japanese take really good care of their vehicles, and the miles are low. The Pajero can technically fit 7 people (with the 2 fold down seats in the back,) and the Escudo can fit......well.....4 people pretty uncomfortably. However, it is easy to back in - which just happens to be the choice of parking for the Japanese, which I really don't care for. I often wonder: "Can't you just pull into the parking space? I mean, are you planning for a quick escape from the dollar store, or what?!" I don't get it....

Greg's Wheels
Amy's Wheels