Jan 2007 - I had cabin fever, so I ventured out to find Shimoda Park which is famous for it's Swan Day Festival that's held every March. It ended up only being about 25 minutes from the house, and was very beautiful. All the swams came swimming up to me when I walked up. I guess they wanted bread or something, but I didn't come prepared. Anyway, the park has tons of rock and water formations with little waterfalls which were really pretty. It was very peaceful. As I was leaving, I noticed down the road a little bit another lake that had even more swans in it. I'm assuming that's where the festival is held, as there were at least 3 times as many swans there. (Apparently I had found the lake that accompanied all the swans that needed their "space," or something.) But, I was freezing so I didn't venture down that way. I figured I could see them at their festival next month!