Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

09 October 2007

Egg Vending Machine

Nov 2006 - One of the coolest things we have right down the street from us, is an egg vending machine. It's 200 yen (approx $2) and you get a sack of about 14 eggs or so. The first time we bought eggs, they all had double yolks in them. I'm sure they would have tasted fine, and are probably good for baking or something - but they just freaked me out. I didn't want to eat an egg from some genetically modified bird, (I say "bird" because the signs are in Japanese and I don't know what kind of bird the eggs come from!) Anyway, we quickly realized that the eggs on the left side of the vending machine are smaller and only have 1 yolk in them - and are actually quite tasty. The eggs at the commissary have been shipped from so far away that by the time you actually buy them they don't taste very fresh. And the vending machine is cooled, and the eggs are stocked every day. Plus, it's just fun to get them out of a machine!