Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

13 June 2008

Mmmmm.....Mealtime!

Well, I started Ashley on solid foods a few days ago, and what a laugh it has been! I started her on just rice cereal with a spoon, then moved onto green beans a few days later. She is still getting used to the textures and having a spoon in her mouth, and as you can see from the pictures, ended up with more of it on her face than in her belly! She likes to blow into the food when I stick the spoon in her mouth, which in turn, gets it all over me and herself. But it has been pretty funny watching the different faces that she makes.
Very first bite of rice cereal from a spoon!
Staring at the spoon and wondering what in the world is the squishy stuff on it.
Day 3 of eating from a spoon, I mixed a little bit of green beans into the rice cereal. This picture was right after I put it into her mouth, and she was still trying to decide if she liked it...
Deciding that she didn't like it!!
So, I tired the green beans by themselves, and she liked that a little bit better. She still just pushed most of it back out with her tongue, then stuck her hands in her mouth and played in it!